Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sex and Sports... Something New to Converse About

So today I ate lunch with a male friend who was visiting the A. Our conversation was pretty much no different that any other conversation you may over hear these days... "So what do you think about Barack winning the presidency?" So, this question led into what we were doing and how each of us thought about that moment and what it meant to us, different links we have seen on line, the tears, the excitement, blah blah blah. So we talked about this for at least close to an hour. And then I kind of chuckled after we pretty much exhausted this conversation and we were left with a looming silence at the table. He looked at me and he said, "What's so funny?" I said, "You know for the past 2 years all this country has talked about is politics, Barack, Hillary, then Palin.... Now that the election is over and the jubilation is beginning to wear off, no one has anything to talk about just like us sitting here now".

He laughs at me but he agreed. He looks at me and smiles and asks what else would I like to talk about?

Although I have known him for 2 years, I figured we would talk about one of the other 3 topics that I always hit on when I first meet someone and trying to get to know them... You know, politics, religion, relationships, and sex. In my mind we have exhausted politics, I am definitely tired of talking about the state of relationships, because "Sex and the City" and Black in America reporting dismal statistics for us Black women pretty much beat that to the ground and just made me depressed... And religion is just plain boring right now. So I told him I think sex is the topic of the hour. He smiled at me and said "Yeah, you cant ever go wrong with that"... He said if we talked about sex and add in some sports, then he would be a satisfied man. I laughed and said, "Well let me start... So what about them cowboys?" We both laughed but needless to say, we didn't have another lull in our coversation and we sat at that table sipping on mojitos for another hour, but definitely not talking about them Cowboys. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment