Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Hot Spring Single Trends of 2010

This year I decided I had to face the choice about my 30+ flirty dating life---

Either go hard or play pity-party-pissy-pants.

We all know the 30+flirty-fabulous life can get real tricky...The fix-ups, break-ups, make-ups, and belly-ups can get you into a dating rut.

But spring is finally here in the A and something is definitely in the air. So what do I do??? I spruce up my wardrobe, plaster the pleasant "get-at-me" look on my face, and increase my relevancy by finding the latest dating trends of 2010. Well.... sprucing up wasn't so hard (a wife beater, skinny jeans, and my lift-me heels will always do the trick in a crunch)... The pleasant look thing has been problematic only when my across-the-room flirts were mis-fired ("Oooo not you dude, THAT dude, yes, yes I likey you"). But here's what the latest dating advice tells me...

1. Define what you want in a relationship...Ok, ok, so I've been having a little trouble articulating this one, but I figure why can't I go about this like the Supreme Court did about obscenity???... I know it when I see it. :)

2. Assess your baggage...I got 2 carry-ons and a duffle bag, so charge me extra like Delta does. WTH? If you are 30+ and still in the game, who wouldn't have baggage??? I know I got two pairs of "dude" genes (that's what many of my Boy BFFs tell me), an extra pair of misgivings, and a lovely fragrance of "For real, that's how you wanna step to me???" But, hey I'll do my best to check them.

3. Ditch the deadline, enjoy the journey--- LOL, for real??? I don't think there is notta one 30+ single lady that can respond to this one without laughing... Let's just move on...


4. Work your network--- Clearly these dating guru folks don't live in the A. Me and my girls have recycled, exchanged, and returned to the clearance bin several times in this city. There's something to be said when your friends want to hook you up with a "fabulous guy" only to find out that it's "coupon boy" from 3 years ago>>> Just a little needed departure from my train of thought here: It goes without saying that no man ought to take a first date out on a BOGO budget... "Naw baby, we going to this restaurant here and Ima need you to order this catfish meal so I can use my coupon before it expires". But Steve Harvey says I'm single because I'm too picky. Stevie, call me what you will, but a BOGO is a "hell no". :)

--------------------------------------

I'm sorry but this advice is not written for us 30s in mind, so I figured I would just come up with some relevant spring time single trends for 2010 of my own.

1. Don't play hard to get, just try not to get got!... I'm saying, I still don't get why the fellas think they get some enroads with me just because you gave me a very specific compliment or you remember ONE detail from our last conversation? Don't look at me squarely because I don't eat up your pleasantries especially when you think you just handed me your signature line... "I know you have a role to play and I got mine, but let's forgo them and see what can happen" It's smooth dude but believe me I've heard it before, or at least I paid attenttion to them ABC Schoolbreak Specials .

2. Don't touch anything but yourself. I just think these are just good dating words to live by, but if you follow this in a pinch, it could score you some MAJOR points. (Just joshin', just playin'... LOL).

3. Always be ready for the next one. My girl had to remind me of this one. There's no need for me to speak about your behavior for you to try to play me like my name is Sally Sausage Head. I know all about the Bait 'n' Switch game (Shout out to Sill-E thoughts on this one). The beauty of a woman is her intuition and it has been RARE that me and my girls didn't call something spot on early in the game. As I've been told, sometimes it's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to speak rashly and remove all doubt. I won't speak rashly but I will keep it moving... Next!

--SP

No comments:

Post a Comment